The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Gender and Sexuality Workshop is open to graduate students in any discipline working on questions related to gender and sexuality. The workshop is an opportunity for students to receive detailed feedback from an interdisciplinary group of scholars on work in progress.
If you would like to participate in or receive further information about the workshop, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions or would like to present please contact the organizers as soon as you know you’d like to workshop something, Newcomers are invited to submit work, but are also encouraged to attend at least one additional session after presenting.
- Kirin Gupta
- Siobhan Kelly
The workshop meets four times each semester. Meeting times and locations for fall 2018 are:
- Wednesday, September 12, 6 pm (Kresge Room, Barker Center 114)
- Wednesday, October 3, 6 pm (Kresge Room, Barker Center 114)
- Wednesday, November 7, 6 pm (Kresge Room, Barker Center 114)
- Wednesday, December 5, 6 pm (Kresge Room, Barker Center 114)
and for spring 2019 are:
- Monday, February 4 -- The workshop will be attending "Love Letter to a Critic, Or Notes on the Intersectionality Wars," a talk by Jennifer Nash, at 6 pm in Fong Auditorium (Boylston Hall 110).
- Wednesday, February 6 (Barker Center 211)
- Wednesday, March 6 (Kresge Room, Barker Center 114)
- Wednesday, April 3 (Kresge Room, Barker Center 114)
- Wednesday, May 6 (Kresge Room, Barker Center 114)
Generally, each meeting will have two presenters. The coordinators will circulate any written work to be workshopped at least one week prior to the meeting. The authors will have five minutes to introduce their work before a 45-minute discussion with workshop attendees. Those who wish to practice a conference talk will have 15-20 minutes to present, followed by 35-40 minutes of discussion. As dinner is provided, we do request that you RSVP for catering purposes.
Please email the student coordinators, Kirin Gupta and Siobhan Kelly, with any questions or to request the pre-circulated papers!
Follow the link above and click on the blue "Submit" button.
The organizers will email everyone on the list before each meeting. Please RSVP for catering purposes!