WGS prides itself on the broad range of its course offerings as well as the individual attention it offers to each student. Concentrators enjoy the opportunity to engage in small-group tutorials and to conduct original research in their chosen fields of interest, whether or not they choose to write a thesis.
In keeping with our commitment to interdisciplinary study, we also actively welcome joint concentrators. Our students have joint concentrated with a wide range of concentrations, including:
- African and African-American Studies
- English and American Literature
- History and Literature
- History of Science
- Human Developmental and Regenerative Biology
- East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Romance Languages and Literature
- Social Studies
- Visual and Environmental Studies
For complete concentration requirements, please visit the WGS page in Harvard College's Handbook for Students.