Graduate certificate program

Harvard doctoral students may pursue a graduate secondary field certificate – the equivalent of a graduate minor – in Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality. In addition to the required coursework, graduate secondary field students gain valuable pedagogical experience as teaching fellows for undergraduate courses.


The secondary field (minor) in Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality is open to students already enrolled in doctoral programs in Harvard's graduate and professional schools.

Harvard graduate students who wish to apply for the secondary field program should set up an appointment with our Director of Graduate Studies, Sarah Richardson. At this meeting the DGS will review the student's completed plan of study form and discuss options for completing the secondary field requirements.

Please note: WGS does not currently offer graduate degrees, and we cannot admit graduate students directly. Admissions and application questions should be directed to Office of Admissions at the appropriate school. The Harvard website provides links to graduate admissions offices in each of the schools.